Monday, October 10, 2016

Working with George on the waves and the concepts of gravity, accumulation or  suspension and momentum i noticed the following in my body:


  • My body felt freer. 
  • I noticed a tingling sensation on my skin. I noticed this most during accumulation/containment/ radiation aspect of the waves. I felt a lot more awakened.
  • In relating this acting/scenes each state of the waves gave me a different feeling. something different to fight for. the same applies to push/pull/reach and throw. flowing through each aspect, it felt like that the energy only dissipated when i started getting self conscious. But as far as i was in the moment, the energy kept evolving from one to the other and my breath was flowing without my conscious thought. the movements inspired an objective or made an objective feel stronger.
  • I should also state that the addition of text brought back some old habits ( tense shoulders, shallow breath, tension in the throat). Nonetheless i would like to work on these exercises further to the point were i don't have these habits or rather worry about them.
  • With the constructive rest, i feel that my back and spine feel much more open when i do it. and it feels like i am sinking into the floor and my spine feels lighter. 

3 comments:

  1. Awakening the body and the imagination is really the key here. Great discovery that as long as one can stay with the intention or the specificity that each exercise asks, the less self-conscious one becomes. And as the exercises become more familiar it will be easier to find the "ease' or lightness inside of them that perhaps allows one to move away from habits that may create "downward pull' as you describe in the shoulders and throat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about incorporating the text. I felt the same way. During a majority of the exercise, I started to feel freer and less tense. But the minute we introduced the text, I felt a freezing and a tenseness as I searched for the text and tried to remember the words. It was a little disheartening, but I suppose staying in the relaxed state will come easier as we practice the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too. I felt like the moment we added text I would tighten and try to control what was coming out. It is scary to trust that it will be there for me without me "manufacturing" it. I also felt like the more I tried to work the waves the more self conscious I became. When i let the waves just happen and didn't judge it I stayed connected and therefore out of my head.

    ReplyDelete